Tips for turning your closet into cash.
Sold to Us Lately?
If you're not sure whether we will buy your stuff, give us a call, otherwise it's
1. Bring in your gently used brand name clothing and accessories.
2. A buyer will review your items while you check out the latest styles in the store.
3. The buyer will present an offer based on style, condition, brand and the store's
current stock levels.
4. Once you accept the offer, you'll be on your way with some extra cash or maybe
a new outfit or two!
Insider info for selling to Plato's Closet. Sshhhhh.....
- When you bring your items in they need to be in ready to wear condition. We CANNOT wash or mend anything. Once we buy it we stick a tag on it, toss it on hanger and get it onto a rack a quickly as possible. So clean clothes are a must. We also have to pass on clothing that has pet hair or a smoke odor.
- We're not trying to be picky but bringing your items in a shopping bag with handles or a laundry basket can go a long way towards selling your clothes. We look at your items right then and if they are wrinkly from a garbage bag it makes it difficult for us to determine the real condition of the items.
- You're more likely to get more money for your items the more current the style is. So if you have something you're pretty sure you're not going to wear, don't hold on to it, sell it now for the extra cash.
- The darker the wash, the more detailed the shirt, the more the cash. We're always looking for items that have a little more going on than the standard stuff.
- Designer denim is a hot item at Plato's. Some of our favorites are: MEK, Big Star, Lucky, True Religion, Rock and Republic, Miss Me, and BKE. We're always on the look out for these brands. And don't forget we give you a quote before you sell so you're fully informed when you decide if you want to sell or not.
- Don't forget about your accessories! Shoes, purses, jewelry, belts-even DVD's. These may seem like small items but they can make you some sweet cash if you bring them in in good condition and still in style.
- There is never enough guy's stuff. We are always looking for more guys to sell to us. So you're not a guy? Do you have a brother, boyfriend, awesome guy friend? Help him clean out his closet and while you're here selling his stuff you can slip a trade in there for yourself. We won't tell.
Stuff we don't take:
- Formal wear. Sorry, no prom dresses.
- Blazers and ties. We're strictly casual.
- Maternity clothing
- Children's clothing
- Scrubs or other uniforms
- VHS tapes and CD's (dvds depending on location..see below)